Monday, October 24, 2011

Pepper Anthony: Amazon Bestseller: Interview and Review of Macy's Awakening



I am very excited to have Pepper Anthony on the blog today. On October 17th, 2011 her new release Macy's Awakening came available to  buy as an ebook and she has already made it into the top 100 in erotica on kindle/amazon. That is quite the accomplishment.

*****************

Welcome to Beck’s Book Picks. I am very excited to have you here today.

Tell us a little about yourself?
 I’m married, the mother of two grown sons, and I live outside Portland, Oregon. After getting my kids raised it’s finally my turn to pursue my writing career.

Tell us a little about your latest release and how you came up with the idea? 
Macy’s Awakening is the story of a young black woman who discovers the joys of sex with her hunky, middle-aged attorney. I’ve always been attracted to the idea of an older man teaching an innocent young woman the ways of the world. It’s a hot idea.


Do you only write this one genre or have you branched out?
 I’ve written short stories with both BDSM and ménage themes, but prefer the broader “erotic contemporary” category.

What are you currently working on?
 I have several new erotic contemporary stories bubbling on the back burner right now. I haven’t decided which one I’ll finish first.

Do you have any writing quirks?
 I pretty much gotta have a cat “assisting” me. With four in our household, I can almost always round one up.

What gets you into the mood to write? 
New age music, favorite incense, a burbling fountain – and my characters prodding me to get on with their story.

Favorite snack or drink while you write? 
Decaf coffee and sugar-free dark chocolate. Yummy.

Any words of advice to aspiring authors? 
Find a good critique partner or two. Take online classes and learn to polish your craft. Never give up on your dream.

What are you currently reading?
 The Sweetest Thing, by Jill Shalvis

And finally, is there anything you would like to share?
 Just my thanks for having me today.


******************
And now, a little about her latest release, Macy's Awakening

Can Macy and Jerrod overcome the differences in their age and race to find lasting love?
On Macy Wilson’s first grown-up adventure to the big city, she inadvertently ends up in jail. Her father hires an old college friend, defense attorney Jerrod Preston, to get Macy out of trouble. Jerrod is more than willing to help out his buddy by representing the gorgeous young black woman, but finds he must first battle his intense attraction to her, especially when the judge puts Macy under his protective custody.
Still an innocent at the age of nineteen, Macy ignores the differences in their age and race and sees the opportunity to learn all about sex from the handsome older man. On her second night in his home, a naked midnight rendezvous at the hot tub proves too powerful for either to resist, and Macy is awakened to pleasure like nothing she could have imagined.
But the morning brings feelings of remorse on both their parts. Macy knows her father wouldn’t approve, and Jerrod is convinced Macy should be with someone closer to her own age. They settle into an uneasy platonic relationship, both secretly longing for the love that now seems just beyond their grasp.
Then an unforeseen circumstance raises the stakes, and Macy must make the toughest decision of her life. When she lays claim to the man she can’t forget, will Jerrod send her away, or dare to open his heart to love once more?
My Thoughts: This was a great romance. It was very realistic. This story will draw you in from the beginning and have you wishing time would stop so you could get it finished in one sitting. The chemistry between the two characters will intrigue you. The intimate scenes are well written and very spicy. Besides romance, there is also an underlying plot that will also keep you turning your ereader page waiting to see what happens. Best of all, the author throws a twist in at the end, that even I didn't see coming.
To learn more about Pepper Anthony: http://www.pepperanthony.com/


 

No comments: