Monday, September 19, 2011

Murder On The Down Low by Pamela Samuels Young



Publication Date:
Genre: Thriller/ mystery
Heat Level: Pg-13
Reviewed For: Pump Up Your Books
My Rating:




Blurb: A high-profile lawsuit erupts into chaos, revealing its place in a larger spree of violence in this scandalous tale of lust, lies, and vengeance. A brazen gunman is targeting prominent African American men on the streets of Los Angeles, and police are completely baffled. At the same time, savvy big-firm attorney Vernetta Henderson and her outrageous sidekick, Special, lead the charge for revenge against a man whose deceit caused his fianceĆ©'s death. For Special, hauling the man into court and suing him for wrongful death just isn’t good enough. While she exacts her own brand of justice, a shocking revelation connects the contentious lawsuit and the puzzling murders.

My Thoughts: This book is a weekend read. Once you begin it, your going to want to finish. Not only is this book a murder mystery, but you also learn a little more about Aids and how common it is in the black community. When you finish this book you will be left satisfied by how it ends.

This type of book is always harder for me to review without giving anything away. In this book you have several story lines going on to keep you from getting bored. I will say when I first started the book I got confused quite a but by who everyone was to whom. There are a lot of characters to keep up with. By the end of the book though, I had it figured out.

I definitely think this is an author to keep your eye on. She writes wonderfully and knows how to tell a tale. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good thriller. I think when you learn who the murderer in this one, you will be surprised. It got me, that't for sure!
 

1 comment:

Marce said...

I highly recommend her book Buying Time. I enjoyed this one also.