Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hell Yeah! by Carolyn Brown

Hell, Yeah
Publication Date: August 2, 2010
Genre: Western Romance
Series: Honky Tonk #2
Format I Read: E-book
My Rating:

Other reviews from this author: I Love This Bar

Book Blurb: When Cathy O-Dell buys the Honky Tonk, the nights of cowboys and country tunes come together to create the home she-s always wanted. Then in walks a ruggedly handsome oil man who tempts her to trade in the happiness she-s found at the Honky Tonk for a life on the road with him- He lives the good life- Gorgeous and rich, Travis Henry travels the country unearthing oil wells and then moving on. Then the beautiful blue-eyed new owner of the Honky Tonk beer joint becomes his best friend and so much more. When his job is done in Texas, how is he ever going to hit the road without her? 

My Thoughts:  This is book 2 in the Honky Tonk Series. I am in fact enjoying the series. I liked this book alright. It wasn't quite as catching as the first one, but I did still enjoy it. The sizzle was not rolling off the pages, however I am not going to let that stop me from continuing the series. I think what threw me the most with this book was Cathy did not seem anything like she did in book one. She seemed to almost have a personality switch, so that threw me. She was not the type that came across modest in book one or to be a prude. However in Hell Yeah, she seemed that way. Yes, her heart was broken however as much as she forced Daisy in book one towards romabce, Cathy wasn't quite ready herself. Now, if you read this book as a standalone, I think it makes a great book. I just felt she was off. There is a lot of action in the book with some mystery too. The book sets up well for the next book in the series, which I assume as to do with Larissa. I am looking forward to hopefully starting it soon. This is a fun series, and I definitely recommend it and think anyone who enjoys western romance, is going to enjoy this book.

No comments: