Monday, February 14, 2011

A Billion Reasons Why by Kristin Billerbeck

A Billion Reasons Why
Publication Date: February 1, 2011
Genre; Chick-lit/ Christian Romance
Format I Read: Paperback
My Rating:


Book blurb: He's a handsome billionaire. She's not impressed. 
Katie McKenna has never loved any man but one; billionaire Luc DeForges. He was her first love. But there are a billion reasons why she's engaged instead to Dexter Hastings, a solid and stable man who wants the same things she does; marriage and a family but all of the things that she wants without the deep-seeded pain and fear of being abandoned that Luc brings. 
Dexter and she have worked an arrangement that's akin to faith without action, love without deeds -- a dead faith. Going home to New Orleans to sing for her childhood friend's wedding, Katie must search her heart to find out if any of her reasons for being with Dexter are stronger than love. Only when Katie steps fully into faith and jumps off the cliff of life into the arms of Luc does she understand the fullness of God's grace.



My Thoughts: I love Kristen Billerbeck. I read her Ashley Series almost a year ago now and fell in love with this authors writing. So, when I was on Booksneeze.com and they were offering this book for review, I jumped on it. I was so excited when it came in the mail. This book did not leave me disappointed in anyway. I was glad though, with this being chick-lit that it didn't have the same kinda whiny character, if you know what I mean. Katie was well down to earth, she grew a ton in this book. She was always confidant in herself and that helped me enjoy this book. Katie is engaged to Dexter and her love from eight years ago, Luc returns. He's charming, good looking, rich,  but has the reputation of a playboy. Oh and he broke Katie's heart eight years ago when she proposed to him in front of the whole town and he turned her down. Dexter is dependable, passionless, predictable and seems perfect for marriage! Which way will Katie's heart lead her?

You will love this book. This is a good clean read that will leave your heart warmed. It is catching and you will put this book down, only to want to make time to pick it up again. The cover itself is adorable and your going to love having it sitting out just so you can look at it and others can see it. Check it out and head over to booksneeze.com and see what others have been saying about it.



**This book was provided to me by the publisher in return for an honest review.**

No comments: