Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Redemption of Holly Dobson by C.Lynn Barton

The Redemption of Holly Dobson
Publication Date: September 30, 2010
Pages: 246
Genre: Thriller/ Paranormal
My Rating:


Book Summary:  Holly Dobson possesses an understated benevolent evilness. She is relentlessly driven by her unbreakable sense of family values. Holly acts with remorseless conviction to protect her own regardless of the consequences. Her only son is a demonic, charismatic, and curiously engaging being. The quintessential evil which George Dobson personifies sets Holly on a path that spans continents, decades, and the landscape of her very soul. Along the way, Holly discovers her purpose and finds redemption as a mother, a woman, lover, and ultimately something more than a mere human being.

My Thoughts: This book was different, and it was different in a good way. It was definitely a change in my normal reading. The story starts out slow, but once your a few chapters in, your hooked. You start to wonder, what in the heck is going on. I think for most of this story, I stayed so intrigued because there was a lot to figure out and you were waiting to see what Holly was going to do. Who wouldn't when you son is the spawn of of Satan, or could even be Satan himself. Its all in how you interpret this book. There is a lot of paranormal aspects in this book, so I think anyone who likes that kind of book would enjoy this one.

Holly as a character was hard to figure out. I think even when the book was ending, she was still a puzzle to me.  There were things she did in this book, that will shock the reader and leave you wondering how she feels she can redeem herself. I would love to see a sequel to this book. I think this would make an awesome series.



**This book was provided to me by the publishers/ author in return for my honest review.**

No comments: