Monday, October 4, 2010

It Writes Itself: A Travel Guide to Writing Fiction

It Writes Itself: A Travel Guide to Writing Fiction
Publication Date: My 12, 2010
Pages: 100
My Rating:



I have been given the opportunity review this book; It Writes Itself by Susannah Raulino. As an aspiring writer, this was a perfect book to add to my collection. This is a very short book, but will be a quick read if writing is something that interests you. This book is a perfect gift to anyone you know who enjoys writing.

Each chapter in this book deals with a different topic, such as Why Write? Another chapter is called Situations, Actions and Plots. In each chapter the author goes into to detail, give you exercises and tells you how her class answered some of these questions.

Susannah gives some great ideas when dealing with writers block. Which is something I deal with from time to time, so it was nice to have a who segment of the book that dealt with this.

She encourages you to really get to know your character. Have a conversation with them. Figure out how they would handle situations, even if those situations might not happen in the book. Know your character.

Susannah writes in easy terms, there is no need for a dictionary. She tells a great story and I know that as I continue on my journey to become an author, this will be a book that I will constantly pick up to get ideas from. I look forward to diving into a few more of the exercises of this book to help with my creativity.




** I received a copy of this book from the author and Bostick Communications in return for my review**

1 comment:

Crazybookworm said...

I'm expecting this book for review as well and I can't WAIT to read it. I am an aspiring writer and I am currently writing my own young adult novel that is almost done*sigh* so I am really interested to read what this book has to say.