Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Holly's Inbox; Scandal in the City by Holly Denham

Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City
Publication Date: August 1, 2010
Pages: 552
Genre: chick-lit
My Rating:


Summary: This is the second book in the Holly's Inbox series. I have not read the first one, but it is a very easy story to catch up on. Holly is a receptionist at a bank. In between working, she spends her time e-mailing Trisha, Jason, a few women co-workers, her crazy grandmother, her mom and sister, her insane upstairs neighbor, and her boyfriend. This whole book is written in e-mail back and forth. The e-mails are normally one or two sentences so they are short. They carry on normal conversation through them. The receptionists are not aloud to speak to one another, so this is their way of communicating. Through the e-mails you learn about there life outside of work, because we as the reader don't follow them anywhere but when they are e-mailing.

My thoughts: This was a hilarious book. The book is huge, but it is a fast read since they are not full pages. I read this book in 24 hours. I got so caught up in the drama in holly's life and all the e-mails. It kept the story fresh. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. There was love, hate, and friendship in this book. This book will have you laughing. The things these characters write about to one another, you can't help but wish you were there with them getting e-mails. I hope there is a 3rd book in this series. I want to see what happens after the book ended.  The story itself is a classic chick-lit; single woman with relationship problems and another woman is butting into it. However, you enjoy it so much more with the way Holly Denham wrote this book.

If this has been on your TBR list, move it up or run out and find it. Its funny! I plan to try and find Holly's Inbox to read next!



** I read this book through Crazy Book Tours**

No comments: