Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Evolution Of Charlie Darwin (Dog Training) by Beth Duman



The Evolution of Charlie Darwin: Partner With Your Dog Using Positive Training
Publication Date: May 26th, 2011
Genre: Selfhelp/ Dog Training
My Rating:





In March of 2011 I adopted a puppy. She is a black lab/rottie mix, but you could never see the rottweiler in her. She could almost pass standards in her appearance to be a black lab. She is a very intelligent dog. She is currently in the adolescent stage of life and this is a pretty tough little stage.

So a few months ago an e-mail came into my inbox asking if I would like to review this book. I jumped on it. We were currently in puppy obedience and she was doing great. However I love reading and love reading about ways I can do anything better. This book deals with a lot of positive reinforcement.

The way this book is set up, its very easy to choose what you want to work on or read about. The table of contents was fairly easy to use. The trainer writing this book was very knowledgeable and I think she  covered almost everything I could have thought about. I did not read this book cover to cover, but by now every section has been read. This book has some great charts in there for you to fill in. You could either make  a copy or use the one in the book. She shares stories of her dog and other dogs. The author explains almost everything in this book to the difference between collars to techniques to use with dog.

If your in the market for a good book in helping with your dog training, this is one I would definitely recommend.
 

No comments: