Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

This book is STRONGLY recommended to readers who are 21 and over.


Rock Hard
Publication Date: April 2, 2011
Genre: Erotica
Series: Book 2 of Sinners on Tour
Reviewed for: Sourcebooks
My Rating:


Book Blurb:  An ultimatum can break your heart.... 
Every night lead singer, Sed Lionheart whips thousands of women into a frenzy with his voice alone. But the stage is the only place Sed feels any passion since he lost Jessica... 
If you’re not willing to break all the rules... 
It shattered her heart, but law student Jessica broke off her engagement to Sed, determined to be successful on her own terms. But no other man can ever hold a candle to Sed... 
Then a chance meeting and tortuously close quarters lead to uncontrollable flares of passion and rediscovery of their unique penchant for public encounters. Now, in addition to the risk of mutual heartbreak every time they get together, they’re in danger of truly scandalous public exposure



My Thoughts: I was very excited to sit down with this book. I had read several reviews for this book and they all sounded wonderful. The book was good. I did enjoy the book very much. Sed was one hunk of a man who I may have left drool in my book as I read. Jessica was a fiesty woman who seemed just like what Sed needed. I did not read the first book in this series, so I am not sure if there is much of a background story to these two in the previous book (Myrna and Brian's story). When the book starts, the couple is breaking up. Each of them come across as strong minded individuals. Each has there own agenda when they are entered back into one anothers life. This book is full of sex, and I mean full of it. Within almost every chapter there is some encounter between the two. So this is definitely a sexy read.

So, why did I rate this book only a 3 you ask. I liked the book, I just didn't love it. There was too much sex in this book and not enough of an underlying plot to keep my full attention. Things would happen in the book with other characters to keep my interest, but this book was mainly just about Sed and Jessica having sex in as many different places and ways as possible. Which is fine, but I think the book could have been a little shorter. When first starting the book I was all into it, but then for me the book somewhat dragged on as I waited for something else interesting to happen in the book. However, I don't want to discourage you from reading this. I think anyone who likes this genre will enjoy the book.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes sex, likes to read about sex, and can handle a book that is filled with it!

 

No comments: