Wednesday, February 9, 2011

To Tempt A Rake by Cara Elliott

To Tempt A Rake (Circle of Sin)
Publication Date: February 1, 2011
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: Circle of Sin #3
Format I Read: Paperback
My Rating:


Book Blurb: Kate Woodbridge has spent most of her life sailing to exotic ports around the globe, acquiring an expertise in botany, along with a few less ladylike skills. So when a deathbed promise to her parents brings her to London to seek reconciliation with her grandfather, the imperious Duke of Cluyne, she feels like a fish out of water. Her outspoken views and fiery temper tend to set off sparks in Society-especially with the rakish Conte of Como.
A devil-may-care rogue, Marco finds the alluring and mysterious Kate a tempting target for his flirtations. But when murder strikes at the duke's country house party he begins to suspect that she's hiding a dark secret. He has his own clandestine reasons for offering to help her prove her innocence . . . And so begins a journey of dangerous deception that leads from England to the glittering ballrooms of Vienna, where Marco and Kate must duel with a deadly villain . . . and their own explosive attraction.


My Thoughts: I found this to be a cute book. It caught my attention and kept me interested until the end. This is one of those book where you meet the characters and you really get to know them. You feel the spark between the two and you can feel that they are really drawn to one another. It is almost right past the halfway point that the mystery begins. This is when it starts to get really interesting. You are no longer reading about these two characters and there attraction to one another that they must fight off, but there is a murder and Kate is a suspect. She had to prove her innocence and her and Marco join together to prove this and who the killer really was. So you might be asking, why did I only give this book 3 stars. It was predictable. The story line wasn't quite fresh in my opinon and while I did it enjoy it as I stated from the time I begun it to the ending, I had this book figured out. However, I still think this book is a great read.

Best of all, I am giving away two copies of this book in the Follower Love Blog Hop. Click HERE or scroll down one entry to fill out the form.



**This book was provided to me by the publishers in return for my honest review.**

No comments: