Monday, January 10, 2011

Easy As Pie At Bobby's Dinner by Susan Wingate

Easy As Pie at Bobby's Diner
Publication Date: May 15, 2010
Pages: 220
Format: Paperback (E-book available)
Genre: Thriller/Mystery
Series: Book 2 (Bobby's Dinner)
My Rating:


Book Summary: Georgette Carlisle lost her first husband, and is about to lose her next one: Hawthorne Biggs. She’s running the diner with Roberta, her late husband’s daughter. When old friend, Helen, comes back home after a failed attempt at a writing career, she is, once again, attracted to Georgette’s man. After the two women part company Helen goes missing. While digging around, Georgette finds out that Biggs has a dangerous past. With Roberta at her side, the two women brave separation, torture, and near death at the hand of Biggs. And, after taking him down, the women find a new strength and belonging. EASY AS PIE is the number two book in the four-part “Bobby’s Diner” series.

My Thoughts: Being the second book in the series, I was able to catch up quickly since I have not read the first book. This was quite an enjoyable read. The chapters were shorts and maybe reading the book fast for me. Each chapter ends with such a cliff hanger, you have to turn the page to see what is going to happen to Georgette next and all the crazy people in her life. It seems luck just isn't on her side, even five years after the death of her late husband Bobby. Things seem to be looking up to her, however things are not always as they seem she soon learns. People are also not whom they seem to be.  At times Georgette isn't even sure who she can fully trust.

This book is full of mystery, and a lot of comical situations. You find yourself laughing along while you root with Georgette. I love her cat Gangster. What a name for a cat. I am assuming I would know a little more about the cat and how he got his name if I had read the first book, which definitely will be added to my list to read. Susan Wingate has written an excellent novel and I just hope she has another one out before long. I can't wait to see what happens in Georgette'e life next. I do hope for love for her and hopefully finding someone to settle with. The book itself ends with a slight cliffhanger, having you already wondering, something else is going to happen. This mystery is not over, so watch out Georgette!



**This book was provided to me by the author and publisher in return for my honest review.**

1 comment:

Susan Wingate said...

Beck,
Thank you for the lovely review. Also, thank you for your time and committment to the written word. I love your "Pay it Forward" selections. What a great idea.

Also, for your information, the third book in the Bobby's Diner Series will be out September 2011.

Again, thanks for your time.
Bests, Susan.