Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tour: Let's Eat by Denise Burroughs

Let's Eat!

I was asked to review this cook book. The easiest was to describe this cook book is Italian food meets a little southern cooking. This is a great book to add to any collection. Its not a very big book, but is packed full of recipes. Some recipes are fairly simply and interesting such as stuffed hot dog and potato, and Peppers & Eggs.

Denise offers some helpful charts in the beginning of the book: 10 Tips for the Kitchen. How Much of This Equals That? Baking Substitutions. Is It Done Yet?

All her recipes look easy to be made and the ingredient lists are never too long, which can sometimes be intimidating when looking for a recipe.

So, what did I try out of this cook book? Cheeseburger Casserole which the kids loved and Broccoli and spaghetti. Each was very good and I look forward to digging into more of the recipes in this cook book. My biggest complaint for the cookbook, I wanted more pictures of all this yummy food! However, it isn't really a complaint, otherwise I might have eaten all the pages!

My Rating:



No comments: