Publication Date: October 1, 2010
Genre: Historical Romance
Summary from the publishers: Although the widowed Lady Rebecca has sworn off marriage, men are another matter. London's cold winter nights have her dreaming of warmer pursuits-like finding a lover to satisfy her hungry heart. Someone handsome, discreet, and most importantly as uninterested in marriage as she is. Someone like Jack Fulton.
A known adventurer and playboy, Jack seems like the perfect choice. There's just one problem: Jack isn't interested in an affair. He needs the beautiful, mysterious Lady Rebecca to be his wife. And he doesn't have much time to persuade her. A secret from Jack's past is about to surface, and by Christmas Day he'll be either married to Rebecca or dead.
My thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. It starts out with a planned scandel that even the reader is shocked by. It seems like it is almost instant that Jack falls in love with Becky (Lady Rebecca), which is against what he orginally wanted. Lady Rebecca too feels the love, but after the betrayal from her first husband she is resistant. Even in the mist of the scandel, she still denies her feeling and tries to escape from Jack. Jack is not willing to let her go, even when he is a wanted man! This book is action packed and will take you on a journey. This is the third book in this series by Jennifer Haymore.
I also wanted to share Jennifer Haymore's Five Fun Facts about A Season of Seduction:
1. After writing two books with Lady Rebecca as a young girl trying to find her place in the world, I loved writing about how she becomes a strong and independent woman in A Season of Seduction.
2. Cornwall, England, where Lady Rebecca’s property is, is one of those stark, windy places I always imagine as a setting for gothic novels. I have always wanted to write about it and visit it. Now that I have written about it and researched it, visiting is the next on the list!
3. I spent hours and hours researching the traveling time from London to Launceston, Cornwall while writing A Season of Seduction. I am always stymied by the amount of time it took to go from point A to point B using the various means of travel during this era. I’m trying to talk my husband into buying a horse for me just so I can be as accurate as possible! Unfortunately, so far, my husband is not convinced, but I’m still working on him…
4. In my last book, A Touch of Scandal, Lady Rebecca broke her arm in a carriage accident. Unfortunately, I know some things about broken arms, because my son has had two of them in two years! Lady Rebecca had the same break as my son’s first injury (a broken humerus just above the elbow), but she didn’t have access to modern medical care, so even after four years she’s still suffering from the repercussions in A Season of Seduction.
5. Christmas is my favorite day of the year, and I’d never imagined I’d be lucky enough to have the opportunity to write a historical romance set during the holiday season. Combine that with the special romance between Becky and Jack, and A Season of Seduction is definitely one of my favorites!
And finally, I have been given the opportunity from Anna at Forever Romance to giveaway 5 copies of this book! This contest is for US and Canada only, and no PO Boxes. Deadline to enters is Oct 20. Good luck!
Click HERE to enter
Click HERE to enter
**This book was provided to me by the publisher for my honest review**