Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Key Lime Pie by Josi S. Kilpack

Key Lime Pie - A Culinary MysteryPublication Date: August 15, 2010
Pages: 320
Genre: Mystery
Series: A Culinary Mystery
My Rating:




Summary: (Goodreads)When Sadie Hoffmiller's new friend, Eric Burton, receives word that his missing daughter's body may have been found in Florida, he immediately packs his bags. Sadie is determined to stay home and prove to everyone that she is not a busybody. But when she senses Eric is hiding something, Sadie is compelled to take action. Before she knows it, she's in the heart of Miami, trying to piece together a trail that might just give Eric the answers he's so desperately searching for. In the process, Sadie finds herself in the company of some colorful characters and some good ol' southern cooking. But despite the drama and intrigue, all Sadie really wants is to go home ... as soon as she does just one more thing. 

My Thoughts: I devoured this book and loved it. This is the first book I have read in this series and it was easy to pick up. I didn't feel as though I had missed much by this being the fourth book in the series. I fell right into line with the crazy Sadie who has far too much curiosity and gets herself into way too much trouble. Sadie has two potential love interests in this story. One is Peter, whom she technically takes a break from in the beginning so she can follow Eric to Florida to help with his missing daughter. I am assuming Peter is a love interest from previous books. Eric is a younger man then her and she feels herself drawn to him however, she is very turned off by how cocky he can be. Sadie gets herself involved into way more then she bargained by following Eric to Florida. She meets quite the characters (an ex-wife, a crazy taxi driver) in her quest; which left this book be a very entertaining read. I will definitely be looking for more books by this author. Another thing I loved about this book and always makes almost any book perfect, is there were recipes! Yes, anytime a recipe was talked about in this book, at the end a recipe was shared. And yes readers, there was a key lime pie recipe!



**A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher and author for my honest review. I was not required to make this review positive.**

No comments: