Sunday, October 3, 2010

Black and Blue by Renee DeMarcus

This book is for readers 18 and over.

Black and Blue
Publication Date: August 29, 2010
Format: E-book
Genre: Erotica Romance
My Rating;


Summary:  Kat Chastain is a singer. On stage she is sultry and sexual, but off stage she is a bit shyer. Her shows have gotten a lot more popular recently and extra security has been hired. Derrek Black is the new security guy and he just happens to be someone from her past who she had always admired. Derrek has had a crush on Kat for years. Instantly the two are drawn to one another and the need to be together intensifies. Is this just a weekend of fun, or will this become what they have both been looking for?

My thoughts: This is a quick read. The chemistry between Kat and Derrek is there from the beginning. Derrek feels that Kat is the same person she portrays on stage and starts out thinking that this is just a weekend of fun, even though he desperately wants this to be more. Kat knows from the first kiss that she wants to be every fantasy that Derrek has ever had and more. The two begin their steamy relationship almost from the moment of meeting one another.  This is what had drawn me into this book. In the beginning of this book, I really felt the chemistry between the two. By the end, it seemed a little rushed, that I never really got the feelings between the two. Which is my reasoning to giving this book only 3 butterflies. Trying not to spoil the book, I had wanted a little more from the two characters before the last chapter that had skipped ahead a month. I did enjoy the book very much and would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good romance that doesn't leave out any of the good parts.

This is my first book by this author, Renee DeMarcus. She did a great job and I look forward to more books by her. You can feel her emotion when she is writing and that always makes for a good book.


**This book was provided to me by Turquoise Morning Press for my review.**

1 comment:

Grace said...

I hate it when that happens. When you want more resolution but the book ends. Nevertheless, it sounds like a great read and it's definitely on my reading list.

Grace