Friday, June 18, 2010

Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah

Wintergarden
I have been a huge Kristin Hannah fan since my mom handed my On Mystic Lake and i discovered an author who knew how to touch your heart. I have been satisfied with almost all of her books. Another favorite by her i really liked was True Colors. So when she came out with this book Winter Garden i put it on hold right away at the library. After much waiting, it finally arrived. So, i dove into it finally. It starts out slow. If your looked for some kind of romance in this one, there is none. However, the book shows what an extraordinary writer that she is. There is a story within a story.
What’s it about you ask? Well, a father has held his family together for years. A mother who pays no attention to her children and never speaks to them. A daughter who has been running the family business who never takes time for her and who has forgotten who she is. Another daughter who travels the world always after another story. The three never really close. Until their father passes away. The three women join together and get to one another.
The amazing part of the story was the story in it self where you learn about why the mother is the way she is. You will cry. There were several parts of this book that even made me sit back and look at my life and realize that i was making some of the same mistakes in my life and marriage that one of the daughters had. It is always nice when you can relate so well to a character.
This book get 5 stars all the way. Like i said, bare with the slow beginning and you will be happy you did!
cfb meme button  brought to you by Crazy For Books

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your layout! You're off to a terrific start!
Hott Books - Gina

Loren said...

Came by the hop! I have a family and book blog as well! Hope You will to come by and say hi and follow me back :)

Have a blessed weekend and happy reading

Loren
www.heartofabookworm.blogspot.com

Janna said...

Howdy! Found you through the Hop!

My blog: http://www.primoreads.com/

Kelly said...

Hi, I found you one the hop. I am doing a beach bag giveaway package on my book blog site too. I hope you hop by and check it out and enter.
Kelly Bookend Diaries
http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

bibliophiliac said...

Hello, I stopped by on the Book Blog Hop!

Shan said...

Stopping by via the hop, and I'm a new follower. Have a good weekend!

Teresa said...

Hi! I found you through the hop. Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Mystee said...

I'm stopping by from the Blog Hop & am your newest follower.

If you have a chance, I'd love for you to stop by my blog, follow back and take a moment to enter any of the current 4 giveaways {low entries}.

Have a great weekend

http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-hop-2.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Wonderful review!

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Great review - thanks for leaving the link on my review - I love to hear what other people think about the same books. It really is an amazing book and she is a great writer. She is definitely on my must-read list each year and luckily I still have some of her backlist to go through.