Thursday, September 8, 2011

To The Moon and Back by Jill Mansell



To The Moon and Back
Publication Date: September 1, 2011
Genre: Chick-lit
Heat Level: G
Reviewed For: Sourcebooks
My Rating:




Blurb: When Ellie Kendall tragically loses her husband she feels her life is over. But eventually she’s ready for a new start – at work, that is. She doesn’t need a new man when she has a certain secret visitor to keep her company... 
Zack McLaren seems to have it all, but the girl he can’t stop thinking about won’t give him a second glance. If only she’d pay him the same attention she lavishes on his dog.
Moving to North London, Ellie meets neighbour Roo who has a secret of her own. Can the girls sort out their lives? Guilt is a powerful emotion, but a lot can happen in a year in Primrose Hill.



My Thoughts: This is my first book by Jill Mansell. It isn't the first one however I have gotten my hands on. She is an author where I have several of her books I just hadn't sat down to read them. I will  be getting my hands on another soon and getting lost in it. When we start the book we get to meet Ellie with Jamie, her husband, who with in the first few chapters dies. As a reader, you know this is coming. I will note the author wrote it well and while I felt for Ellie, it was nice so much wasn't put into it that I cried before hitting chapter 3. This is one of those books where the story isn't just about Ellie and picking up the pieces, you have several stories intertwining. Six people as they find the one they are looking for and the things going on in their lives separate from the rest.

This is a book you could easily devour in one sitting. Its a story that will leave your heart warm and wanting to pass on to a friend.


 

No comments: