Thursday, September 1, 2011

Double Dog Dare by Jennifer Johnson


Double Dog Dare
Publication Date: July 7th, 2011
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: E-book/ Paperback
Heat Level: PG
Reviewed For: Turquoise Morning Press
My Rating:




Book Blurb: When Cheris McDowell wakes up in a hotel room next to the husband she doesn't remember meeting, she decides the only practical solution is a quiet divorce.
Too bad the rest of the world disagrees.
As an Internet advice guru, Cheris ought to know how to fix the mess she woke up to, but when her own web master conspires to keep the marriage going, Cheris is at a loss.
Geoff Arrowood III, her new husband, isn't helping the situation. He's way too charming and looks a little too good in a Tuxedo.
Will Cheris choose a little storybook madness or the sensible advice of the wisdom she's followed all her life?

My Thoughts: I really like Jennifer Johnson. She is a wonderful writer and really draws you in. This is my second book I have read by her. Rescue Me was the first. This book begins  in away that almost anyone would dread. Cheris wakes in a hotel room, half naked, in bed with a man she doesn't remember, and a wedding band. What does she do? High tail it as fast as she can out of there and hopes to never look back. If only it were really that simple. The love story begins as Geoff is fully ready to win over the heart of Cheris and prove to her they made they did the right thing. The world discovers fast that these two are married and it makes getting out of the marriage ever harder.

I liked that the author stayed true to Cheris and her feelings. She didn't just skirt around that these two were together married and then that was it. Cheris made a point many times to Geoff that should could never trust him for taking advantage of a drunk woman when he had nothing to drink. The way this played out left the ending all the better. In fact, I was thrilled by the ending I wanted to give Geoff a big ol' kiss myself!

This is one I would recommend to anyone who likes a clean contemporary romance with a heartfelt story. I am looking forward to Jennifer's next book!

My review for Rescue Me

 

No comments: