Monday, September 26, 2011

Bad Boys Do by Victoria Dahl



Publication Date: September 27, 2011
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Book 2 of The Donovans. (can be read alone)
Heat Level: R
Reviewed For: Netgalley
My Rating:




Blurb: Olivia Bishop is no fun. That's what her ex-husband said. And that's what her smart bob and glasses imply. So with her trademark determination, Olivia sets out to remake her life. She's going to spend time with her girlfriends and not throw it all away for some man. But when an outing with her book club leads her to a brewery taproom, the dark-haired beauty realizes that trouble—in the form of sexy Jamie Donovan—may be too tempting to avoid.

Jamie Donovan doesn't mean to be bad. Sure, the wild streak in his wicked green eyes has lured the ladies before. Now it's time to grow up. He's even ready for a serious romance. But how can that be when Olivia, the only right woman he has ever met, already has him pegged as wrong?



My Thoughts: This is book 2 in the Donovan series. Here is my review to book 1. We meet Jamie in the first book and he was a delight to meet. A man who serves beer, flirts, and wears a kilt. Yes, a kilt. And in this book, we get to find out if he does or doesn't wear underwear under of this kilt. Jamie has always  been the fun guy, never taking things too seriously. In this book, Jamie wants his family to see him in a different light. He is mature, he is a grown-up, and he wants them to start treating him that way. He makes plans on ways to expand the family brewery, he just has to get big brother Eric on board.

Olivia is the woman who changes everything for Jamie. One taste of her and he is a goner. He just has to convince this do-good girl that he is serious about her. It shouldn't take too much from Jamie, should it?

I really enjoyed this story. I liked seeing Jamie's growth and how he finally stood up to his brother. Olivia was an iffy character for me. I liked her, but her innocence just seemed off to me. I liked how she was ready to change and learn to have fun and Jamie was definitely the guy. I would have liked to get in her head a little more and been able to learn her feelings a little more instead of her always thinking this was a business deal. Now, don't think I am in anyway saying I didn't like the story, because I did. By the end of the story I was so glad to see these two together and I am sure they can make it through the long run!

If your a fan of Victoria Dahl, don't miss out on this one. And the last book in this series will come out in November. It will be Eric's story and I for one can not wait to read it.


 

No comments: