Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Love Drunk Cowboy by Carolyn Brown



Love Drunk Cowboy
Publication Date: May 1 2011
Genre: Western Romance
Series: Book 1 of Spikes and Spurs
Other Reviews for Carolyn Brown: I Love This Bar and Hell Yeah
Reviewed For: Sourcebooks
My Rating:


Book Blurb:  All Austin Lanier wants is to sell her inherited watermelon farm, slip on her stilettos and run back to corporate America. Until the drop dead sexy cowboy next door, Rye O'Donnell, decides he'll only take the farm if he can get the fiery woman who owns it as part of the deal.

My Thoughts: Sitting down with this book, I was ready to dive it. I enjoy all of Carolyn Brown's books and work. This book was no exception. We meet Austin who is a city girl who has come to sell her deceased grandmothers land. She has every intention of doing this, even as she discovers all the hidden treasures around the farm. One being a watermelon wine business and one being Rye, a hunk of a man living right across the street, however he always seems to be over at her place. Austin is skeptical if he is really into her, or if this man just wants to buy her land and is sucking up to her so she sells to him. Austin ends up finding just what she is looking for, in a place she never expects.

I think any Carolyn Brown fan will be happy to dive into this book. This is the first book in her new series and I can't wait to read the rest. If you wondering why I rated this a 3, even though I really enjoyed the book, I have to admit I found this book a bit predictable, however still very enjoyable, so I still fully recommend this book to anyone who enjoys western romance or even contemporary romance since this book borders it.

 

No comments: