Thursday, March 17, 2011

We got a PUPPY!



I, Beck, the owner of this blog got a new puppy for the family. This past Januray we lost our 14 1/2 year old dog. We were so sure that we were not getting another dog until later in life. It was such a tough experiance watching him suffer until we had to make the decision to put him down, which is an even harder decision. In the past 2 years we have lost 3 pets that were all older, 2 cats and the dog. Its hard to lose them and then open you heart to wanting another knowing that you will once again fall in love and one day be faced with losing them again.

Tyler (The Secret Life of Cowboys)Well, March 2nd was my birthday and a friend on facebook was fostering 7 puppies. I had been watching them for a few weeks as she posted pictures. Finally, my husband said, "lets go see them and see if one fits us." We went with an open heart and mind that we may or may not choose one. We had two dogs we fell in love with. Yes, 2! I had to visit them again and then we finally made a decision on which one was right for our family. She came home this past Friday and tomorrow will be a week. We have loved every moment, but wow does she keep us busy. There has not been much time to read. However, I am currently reading a VERY good book. Tyler, and wow is it quite an awesome read. Monday I will have a guest post from this author and having a giveaway for two lucky winners so please check back!


I hope to be back on a regular blogging schedule and reading schedule soon. Until then, I have this adorable puppy to keep me busy running around.

5 comments:

Diane said...

So cute!!! :O)

Sarah Joyce said...

Congratulations on your furry new addition! She looks absolutely precious. What's her name?

Crazybookworm said...

Too cute! He looks just like my Rocky when he was a puppy(he is 2 now). Enjoy your new addition!

Adrienne said...

She is adorable and looks a lot like my Jett I hope she and your children are having a ball

Paws said...

So sorry for your loss, we had the same situation a few months ago. And on the other hand.... PUPPY!!! :squee: