Monday, August 30, 2010

Review--- Too Good To Be True by Kristan Higgins

Too Good To Be True (Hqn)

Published: February 1st 2009
Pages: 384

Summary:
We meet Grace Emerson, who is down on luck for meeting a husband. She was engaged at one time, however, her ex-finance is now with her little sister. Grace's little sister and ex-finance are getting serious, so she does what any girl would do, she invents a boyfriend to make everyone else around her feel better. This man she makes up is completely perfect and nothing like her brand new neighbor, Callahan O'Shea. Callhan O'Shea is hot, makes her nervous each time she is around him, however, he is an ex-con!

My Thoughts:
I loved this book. This is my second book by Kristan Higgins. The first I was not impressed by, Fools Rush In. However, I did not give up on the author, since I had heard great things about her. So, I picked this one up from the library and loved it. I loved the whole family set up in the book. Grace is such a good person and seems to put everyone before her. It is so nice that by the end of the book, you can also see how much her family loves her and that she finally starts to grow a back born. Callahan O'Shea sounds gorgeous and I wish he would move in next door to me. He and Grace have excellent chemistry and you can feel the pull between the two. I love when you can feel the chemistry while reading. You can in this book. This book will also have you laughing at the crazy grandmother, and the mother who makes glass sculptures of women's private parts!

If you have been thinking of trying a book by her, I think this one is a good choice.

My Rating:


1 comment:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've read KH's three most recent novels and this is by far my favorite. Hilarious and, like you said, excellent chemistry. I can't remember laughing so much while reading a book!