Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Reliable Wife--Review

A Reliable Wife A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick. This book takes you back to 1907. A man, Ralph Truitt has lost much in his life. He puts an ad out to find a reliable wife. In return, he gets Catherine Land.  She comes with the intention to poison him and kill him. He wants a wife to help him find his long lost son. The story has many twists and turns and of coarse the two end up in love with one another.

So what did I think? I was so excited about this book. I had read its description and kept putting it in monthly for out book club pick. It never got chosen though. I think i put a lot of hype into it. The book was good, but it was also a bit of a let down. I guess i had expected some of the twists in the book not to have been so predictable. I think the author did a good job helping you feel the way each character felt with this being 3rd person. The author write a ton about sex and the way it goes through these guys mind. Which in the beginning, you read as the main character is imagining people in their own houses in the act. Some of that was a little strange.

I give the book 3 stars.

It was a good weekend read. It wasn't the best love story, but it was different. That's really all i can say. So if you looking to get lost in a different kind of story, this is your book. So I do recommend it, just not if your wanting a sappy love story.

No comments: