Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner review

So, first off this book interested me because i thought Who in the world is Bree Tanner? Seeing that i read the whole Twilight series two years ago, i had no idea who she was. Just like Riley. Someone they keep showing for the movie and I couldn't remember who he was. So, i decided in light of the movie and to read this one, i needed to re read Eclipse. I then learned by page 500 and something who they were. Such small characters and now i know why i didn't remember them.

So onto The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, i would probably give it 3 stars. It was a short read. Which is good. If it had gone on any longer i might have dropped a star. And i mean nothing mean by that. The plot was there and it could have made for a great book if i hadn't already known that obviously Bree is going to die.

You get introduced to Bree and how she has a strong head on her shoulders. She figures out Riley and Victoria's plot fairly fast and the lies that they are telling this group of newborn vampires. There is a love interest in the book to Bree. And that would have been the part i would have loved to have read more about, if not knowing what was going to happen to Bree from Eclipse.

The book is a great companion to read if you have just finished Eclipse. That way Eclipse is fresh in your head. It isn't something i recommend if you have not read the Twilight series, or if it has been awhile. I am curious since TV is making Riley out has a bigger part of this movie, if they will tie some of this book into the movie. I will find out Friday!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Great Review. I am following you from my blog. crazy-bookworm.blogspot.com.

Sarah said...

I think they have to make Riley a bigger part of the movie or else it would be incredibly boring. I have heard they do tie this to the movie. Bella's pov isn't very stimulating or action packed so they have to add something.

I am not reading this novel. I gave up on Twilight a long time ago. I might have read a short story if it had been for Leah's point of view or something.

Hope you enjoyed it though. I love when authors write short stories for the fans.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Great review. It wasn't the book for me, but I can see where it would appeal to really big Twilight fans. I like Sarah's comment above, a book telling the werewolf side - like Leah's would have been cool...