Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Midnight Waltz By Jennifer Blake



Midnight Waltz
Publication Date: Reissue. Originally published in 1984
Genre: Historical Romance
Reviewed For: Sourcebooks
My Rating:




Book Blurb: He possessed Amalie by the moon's sultry glow and sent her to the white-hot limits of ecstatsy. But by day, her husand, Julien Declouet, remained aloof. Who was this myserious man whose languid caress and sweet seduction she craved? Yet deep in her heart, she knew the answer. Her midnight lover was not her husband, but his handsome cousin, Robert....


My Thoughts: I really wanted to love this book. I sat down in the mood for a historical romance to sweep me away to a different time. The story was a little slow to begin, once I hit about page 100 the pull began. I was very intrigued with the mystery lover who snuck in at night who Ameila had assumed was her husband since they had never consummated the marriage. When learning who the lover was I was drawn in. I thought, here we go, this is getting good. It did get good for a another fifty pages. Then it just went down hill again. I had the book figured out and I just had filler pages until the end it felt like. The author does a wonderful job with descriptive words and I will definitely read another by her. This one just wasn't for me.


 

No comments: