Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Liberation of Alice Love by Abby McDonald



The Liberation of Alice Love
Publication Date: March 1st 2011
Genre: Chick-lit
Format I Read: Paperback
Add to your goodreads TBR List
My Rating:


Book Blurb: Clever and elegant, this novel forces you to think about how far you'd go to find the truth, and how many lies you'd tell to uncover it. Alice Love keeps her life (and boss, and family) running in perfect order, so when her bank card is declined, she thinks it's just a simple mistake. Sadly, someone has emptied her bank account, spending her savings on glamorous holidays, sexy lingerie, and a to-die-for wardrobe, and leaving Alice with lots of debt. But she soon wonders if perhaps her alter-ego's reckless, extravagant lifestyle is the one Alice should have been leading all along...

My Thoughts: It has been awhile since I read chick-lit. I was addicted to it for quite awhile. I remember why now. I loved the change in reading style from my usual romance books to this one. There of coarse was a slight romance in this book that as a reader I wanted Alice to get out of her self absorbed self and realize it. However, this story is not about romance at all. Alice has had her identity stolen, then she is shocked when she learns just who stole her identity. She isn't satisfied with just letting the bank take care of this, she has to track down the person herself. While doing this, Alice changes who she is in some ways for the better. She enters into this persons life and sees who she could have been all this time. She grows into a more confident woman who can stand up for herself.

This was a refreshing story and will leave every reader wanting to go check all there private documents and change all their passwords. Having what happened to Alice is scary and it was as I said before, refreshing to read about a real life challenge instead of some of these stories from my usual romance novels.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes chick-lit, light romance books, or just a basic general fiction book. I had a hard time putting this one down, so be prepared to spend a few days in a comfy spot as you indulge all your time in this story.



**This book was provided to me by the publishers in return for my honest review.**

1 comment:

Ann Summerville said...

This sounds like a good one to go on the neverending list.
Ann