Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stir Until Thoroughly Confused by Heather Wardell

Stir Until Thoroughly Confused
Publication Date: January 2011
Format: E-book (available in paperback)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Add to your Goodreads TBR list.
My Rating:


Book Blurb: Mary's given up everything, including an unsatisfying marriage, to become a chef. But the career comes with a side dish: Kegan, her sexy but controlling new boss.They're soon in a relationship, and in all-too-frequent arguments, and when it becomes clear they can't work together and be together Mary faces a dilemma: keep her dream job or her dream man?

My thoughts: This is my second book by Heather Wardell. I like her style as an author a lot. She begins her story's where the character has to take time to think back and reflect. So when you start a story by her, you are with the main character at the turning point in their life. You then get to turn back the clock and learn how the character got there. Its nice in the back of your mind, you in someways know where the story is going and you get to enjoy the ride there.

This story is no different. Mary finally has her dream job and a boss, Kegan, who fully supports her. The two are drawn to one another from the moment they meet. They dance around the idea for a long time of a romance and you can tell the two want to fight it. Eventually though they have to give into one another. Kegan has to work on his control issues and this is where the problem sets in. Eventually the two know they can no longer be together. It just isn't working, so what are they to do. That is when Mary has to decide, does she want her dream job and keep the restaurant that she built or does she keep the man she truly loves.

The story had a soft spot in my heart. In some ways it reminded me of my husband and I. No, I am no great chef at all, however when I met my husband, we met in a restaurant and he happened to be my boss and I was a waitress. So, it was fun watching them dance around on whether to date or night.

Be sure to check out my review for Planning To Live by Heather Wardell. This one will keep you hooked and the ending will leave you staring at the pages for almost hours after.



**This book was provided to my by the author in return for my honest review.**

No comments: